Whippletree Yarn Shop Closing It’s Doors

As many of you know the Whippletree Yarn Shop is the oldest yarn shop in Vermont. It is also one of the oldest in the country. So it is with great sadness that we will be closing the store on August 17, 2019.

In our 21 and 35 years we have met and served many people from all over the world. It has been a fascinating trip, but the course of our lives has changed and it is time for us to change trains.

We would be open to anyone interested in taking the reins and continuing this tradition.

Smile, relax and knit,

Andrea and Shelley

Post navigation

6 comments for “Whippletree Yarn Shop Closing It’s Doors

1. Mary Jo Kwiatek
    August 15, 2019 at 10:31 AM

I’m so sorry to hear this. I purchase from your store every time I’m in town. I wish I could take up the reins! Best of luck to you!

2. Jen
    July 27, 2019 at 6:03 PM

Best wishes on your new adventures! I recently sold my yarn shop, I understand. I loved stopping by when in the area to cabitz with Andrea about shop stuff.

3. laura lee
    July 27, 2019 at 5:25 PM

too sad. the world needs more fiber stores, not less. i really do hope someone will purchase and keep up the tradition.

4. July 27, 2019 at 4:12 PM

I am so sorry to hear this. I wish you both the best in your next steps in life, and I hope maybe someone will come forward to run the store.

5. Ida
    July 25, 2019 at 11:05 AM

Sorry to hear you’re closing. Local small business is really taking it in the shorts!

6. July 24, 2019 at 10:57 PM

Dear Andrea and Shelly, I’m so sad to hear that you are going to close your wonderful shop. We stop whenever we’re in Woodstock, Vermont on our way from New Jersey to New Hampshire. You have the most beautiful selection of yarn, patterns, and books. Thank you for all the beauty, inspiration, joy, and friendship I’ve experienced through my visits. I hope someone will continue your tradition and take over the shop. I’ll sure miss you both.
    Warm regards,
    Phyllis Alexander

We'd love to know what you think. Please leave your comment here.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s